MHPs for sale on Craigslist

It’s a real pain searching for MHP listings on Craigslist, since everything’s so fragmented by local site and there isn’t really a way to do a national search. (There are some national search aggregation websites out there, but they get too bogged down in “mobile home for sale” ads without being able to differentiate that I’m looking at parks.)So I’ve gone through the trouble of going to every local Craigslist site manually and compiling a PDF of everything that’s currently for sale nationwide. I plan to rerun the search every month. Please send me a private message if you’re interested in the collection.

2 Likes

Don, take a look at search tempest. Reference the full search and enter “Mobile Home Parks for Sale” in parenthesis. Might save you a lot of effort as it will search only for that exact term.

1 Like

Thank you Krakinaces but full search is not an option on tempest.
Did you mean all/any?
Could you tell us exactly what you typed?
“mobile home parks for sale”
(mobile home parks for sale)
(“mobile home parks for sale”)

This is also a good website. Haven’t used it extensively but it’s a gives you a good list by county

This link is for CA. I tried hitting the back button to do other states but couldn’t. You may have to just search HCD nationwide search or something along those lines.

https://ssw1.hcd.ca.gov/ParksListing/faces/parkslist/mp.jsp;jsessionid=h1lTTzSQ2dpS1SpQZnLHcLG5bpsWgcbpTdDpJmC77bYPrTc9KGyQ!1996665163

Please forgive if I’m not understanding the goal correctly and know that this method is not a 100% foolproof one as many folks will not post ads with “mobile home park for sale” in their title. Adjustment of the term used will obviously garner different results. Ok… Full search appears to be only an option on a mobile device such as this iPad I’m using. The “full search” function is what appears as the default search function on a PC apparently. So once you go to searchtempest.com you’ll have a “Where” box and you’ll enter your local zipcode or one closest to where you’d eventually like results. Then to the right you’ll find a box to enter your “What” enter a phrase such as “mobile home park for sale” . Just below that is a drop down to determine the distance from said zipcode…click any. To the right of that you can click the radio button that says phrase. As a standard search function in most search engines you can enter a dash in front of a term to eliminate it fro the search (i.e. -empty or -former). Below that you can select category and sub category, I select “housing” as my category and “real estate all” as my sub-category. There are some additional options that should be self explanatory. Once you push search you will begin to get the local most results first. You can adjust your preferences to receive results only from craigslist or add ebay and oodle too. You can create an RSS feed. If your result is meager you can click the “more cities” button to keep going. Of course this is free and there are “Sponsored Results” in which you can just bypass if you choose. You are apparently searching 417 cities and their surrounding areas which is pretty comprehensive but not obviously 100%. You can search 55cities in Canada too or even worldwide if you’d like. It takes a little bit to tune in what specific results you want to receive and changing your entered zipcode might help too but you can save your searches which can help. I hope this helps and by no means am I some kind of expert on this but search “tricks on how to search the internet” on google and you can narrow your results with those you find. You also might look into using a web crawler… Hope this helps.

Tony

There are many good parks available but not listed for sale. Find a niche area close to home and cold call some parks. As Frank will attest some states are more difficult to operate in. Ok. for example is a landlord state where I have not been in court in 15 years out of 16 years of operation.

Hi Don, is there any way that you can send me that PDF file that you have put together please, thank you Marcel

Hi Don, I would also like to get a copy if you don’t mind sharing…thx.

Yes please michael@strattonre.net

Thank you

Mike

Would be interested in latest list.