MHP private funds

Besides trying to break into the space myself, I’ve also been considering investing in some private MHP funds. I’ve spoken to a number of different groups - anyone have any experience with a particular fund - the good and the bad? Thanks.

I can give thoughts on two different MHP funds, but better off the main boards than here. Send a message with an email and I can provide some insight. You can also search through prior comments on this board related to funds. In general, returns are as promised (so far) but forget about any communication on how the funds are performing or any meaningful reporting - it just doesn’t happen in my experience.

3 Likes

Sorry, I should’ve included my email from the start - please drop me a note at salzerc@yahoo.com

Thanks!

I agree with what @MickG said earlier. Make sure you run background checks, reference checks, sponsor’s co-investment dollars in the fund (i.e., skin in the game), documented (not verbal) performance track record, find out how many investors they have been able to retain from fund to fund, ask for actual quarterly reports from the past to check out the quality of information communicated, investor account statements, fund and asset level financial statements, sample K1 forms, how long the funds took to catch up on promised preferred distributions, how many days (or weeks) after quarter end are the distributions sent out etc. These are even more important if the fund is not audited. I would be very careful giving my hard earned money without doing these checks!

4 Likes

Tx - all very good points. Definitely need to do due diligence before investing in any of these. Thanks for your time and input.