Metron Meters Leaking?

We installed metron submeters for water in our 60 pad park recently. As we expected there were some lots that were using a lot of water (in the $200’s per month). Two of those high usage homes were our manager’s who is a lonnie dealer.

He is saying that when metron installed the meters, that they left the keys in the meter and therefore there was a leak at the point of the meter. He cannot supply video evidence of this. It could be a total lie. I just wanted to know if anyone has had problems with Metron meters leaking ever so that I can either lend credence to his story or not. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

I have Metron meters. Your manager is taking advantage of your inexperience with the new meters. No keys in the bottom. Mine have only leaked after they freeze and thaw. You as I did are now able to see where all the water is going, and your managers usage too.

3 Likes

We just installed Metron meters in November 2019 in a 52-lot park. I had a resident try to blame the meter installers on his high usage, saying they caused the leak, which was actually the result of a bad toilet leak. After a running water sound under his house was pointed out to him by someone he trusted (not me!), he backed off. Soon thereafter, he replaced the toilet. I have found that residents quickly calm down once the sources of the leaks have been identified.

Overall, things are getting better and better, but it takes strength and perseverance. My only problem now is getting a plumber to show up and address the real park plumbing issues! Hang in there!

1 Like

Just a thought. Consider doing a 1 month grace period on billback after install. Gives everyone a chance to fix leaks and cuts down on all the finger pointing etc. Yes it will cut into the noi for 1 month.

3 Likes

Water Sub-meters leaks:

• Contact Metron, request automatic leak alerts be sent to you.
  • Request a water usage history for that home, indicating when there was a spike in use, or continuous water use (indicates an ongoing leak).
  • Most sub-metering services provide leak detection as a normal routine.
  • For comparison, normal water use is 1500 to 2000 gallons per occupant per month.
    “We’re here to answer your sub-metering questions”
2 Likes

Hi @TwinPropertyInvestors

We do not currently use keys with our submetering products. If you have specific questions about the process, feel free to reach out to Bill @MetronMHPSubmetering or customer service at (303) 217-5990 www.metronsubmetering.com

Thanks,
Stephanie