Managing operations while amidst the Covid-19 pandemic

Wondering what steps and safety precautions other operators are taking with showings. Have you halted showings entirely? If not, what protocols have you put in place to ensure the safety of your community manager?

1 Like

We keep it simple. Our parks aren’t in high crime areas, so the manager will schedule a showing with the future resident through email and phone, and then just leave the unit unlocked and allow the visitor to conduct a self tour. The manager then (through email/phone) directs the visitor to our online application.

If I had a park in a hot spot I’d lean towards just not doing showings for a while.

We have def received pushed back with the uncertainty in the economy on homes.

But we have hand soap in the homes, offering hand sanitizer etc anyone who might be showing a home or available resources to them making sure they are in the loop . We also have started using a “better” cleaning person for the homes and talking about upping wipe downs and cleanings maybe between showings.

Taking an excessive amount of pictures from all angles, and a video walk through of the interior of the home and we are doing a video walk through of the entire exterior of the home so someone has and idea of what everything is.

Hope that helps . Good luck.

1 Like

Make sure your compliant on whatever constitutes a lockdown on whatever area you are trying to operate in as well.

We also have a 3D virtual tour camera we use to further limit the in person showings. Open source software to compile the images and then load it up on our website. It’s literally 60 minutes of work with someone who knows how to work the camera and can follow a website step by step.

Get fewer phone calls about the unit, but they are higher quality when we get them.

3 Likes

I have seen @jhutson s example and think it’s great if you do this route. Really seems to be the future here now. I know At the
Bootcamp Brandon referenced a 360 camera pen thing they use for walk throughs also. I guess taking it a step further maybe drone footage for the site. Probably all worthwhile investments you can make now and where everything is headed just giving yourself an advantage !

E applications, e leases. Dropbox folders with information are also a couple more things to use if not so already

1 Like