Manager poaching my mobile home buyer

I have a mobile home for sale in a park. I no longer own this park, and the manager was not a former employee of mine. I am in negotiation with a buyer whom I sent to the park manager for pre-approval of tenancy before the sale. During this meeting between the manager and my prospective buyer, the buyer told me the manager was trying to steer them away from my home and onto the park’s new and still vacant homes.

This buyer was approved for tenancy, but now I feel I can’t be as strong in my negotiations because the manager made it clear that something could be worked out with her homes in this park. Also, if the sale falls through, what’s to stop the attempted poaching for any other people I send in for tenancy approval?

What would you do?

Is your home different from the ones for sale in the park or the same? Lower your price. I don’t think you have too much recourse other than to take your lumps in the sales price that gets the deal done.

If you get a “deal” with the buyer rather than just “in negotiation” with them, and the park manager interferes and scuttles your deal, you could sue them but you’d be wasting your time and money. You feel you can’t be as strong because you can’t compete effectively with the on-site manager. That’s just the way it is.

If permissible with current ownership, spiff the manger on your home to get her on your side…

That might be why the manager wants to deal on the other home as its more beneficial to them…

Ideally not a good scenario, but it may be the past of least resistance given the circumstances.

Place your buyers under contract with the condition of park approval. This will obligate the buyer to complete the purchase with you or lose their deposit.

Thanks to all for your replies. Greg, I think we have a winner here.