Lot size in mhp's

I’ve got a question for you.

After reading through the posts I can see that the smart thing to do looks like buying 1,2 and possibly 3 star type parks with older trailers on them that are affordable to regular blue collar workers and retirees living on fixed incomes. The fancy parks with high dollar units, clubhouses, pools,etc. seem to be a failing model for investing.

Great. That suits me to a tee. The question is about the lot sizes. I can see that older parks often have lots that are too small for newer big singles. Many counties are also limiting (stupidly) older units that might fit. I also saw a thread on the possibility of stick building a unit on the smaller lot to fit.

So, do you think as an investor, I should bypass parks that are advertizing 1/4 to 1 acre lots per unit? It seems to me that the return for the money would be better for the denser parks (8-10 units per acre) with lots less mowing, shorter runs for utility lines,etc. It seems like the parks with the bigger lots were made with the idea of these big hi-dollar units and an older 3-8K unit would make things out of balance, especially tax wise. It seems my focus should be on closer-in higher density older parks as long as I can deal with city rules, lot sizes and age restrictions imposed by building and zoning. What say you??