Is This A GoPro Killer?

Here’s a new GoPro knock off that looks like it does a better job then GoPro at a fraction of the price. When panning, the image looks a little rubbery, but it records in 4K, looks like it has better color and dynamic range. One thing for sure; the sample footage in the linked video sure the hell looks a lot better then video I have of my parks, shot on my GoPro.

We long ago switched to the Polaroid Cube cameras for videoing our parks. Here is what we buy:

Polaroid Cube Camera - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NEZ6OW6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00NEZ6OW6&linkCode=as2&tag=cre0650-20&linkId=5896dc797de211a25eeed07dcae9969f

Suction Cube Mount & Case - Amazon.com

We find these camera’s quality is on par with GoPro and are much cheaper and easier to use.

-Brandon

1 Like

Brandon, is the 1080p better for smaller files or would you recommend the newest 1440 ok? I don’t want to big of files and wondered if the 1080p was plenty good.

1 Like

We find that 1080p is just fine for this type of project. If you currently have the 1080p cameras, I would keep those. Otherwise, we would go for the 1440p.

-Brandon

5 Likes

So they discontinued the Polaroid Cube. What are you guys using these days as a replacement??

@DaGrisa We are mostly getting the GoPro Max now. Here is a link:

And we typically order these SD cards:

And on the mounts, we use the official one. Here is a link:

Let me know of any other questions!

3 Likes