Is it legitimate to ask for a list of POH details before making an offer?

Hi All,

My business partner and I are considering making an offer on our first park - it’s one with quite a few POH’s and the broker’s info packet doesn’t list any details about any of the trailers.

Is it legitimate to request any/all of the following from the listing agent before making an offer?

• Year
  • Condition
  • Size (length & width)
  • Manufacturer
  • Model
  • Number of Bedrooms/Bathrooms

It is legitimate to ask for anything you wish to know but the seller has full discression as to what they may choose to provide prior to a offer being made.
In many cases it is a waste of a sellers time to do but a serious seller would have all that information prepared in advance.
Difficult to make a offer with out the pertinent information which will usually result in a lower adjusted offer once the information comes out during due diligence.

1 Like

Hey, if they’re including it in the value of the park, I think it’s perfectly reasonable.

1 Like

@Greg & @Coach62 - thanks for your answers.

The POH’s are definitely included in the asking price, which is why I’d like to know what, exactly, I might be buying.

I’ll ask the listing agent for the list, but given their track record with other information requests, I don’t think they’ll provide it to me.

Another option might be to hire someone off of Craigslist to take a quick drive through video of the park. I normally pay $50-75 for this:

1. Drive through video (Two passes) Pass one should be a front view showing all roads. Pass two is a side view showing all homes

2. At least 10 pictures of the nicest things you see

3. At least 10 pictures of the junkiest things you see

I instruct the person to do everything from their car to ensure they don’t disturb the tenants or cause issues with the owner. I also tell the owner that we are doing this (not ask). If I have the park under contract then the person I hire is free to get out of the car and do their photos.

Assuming you have a layout of the park and know which homes are park owned, the video should allow you to roughly determine the era, exterior condition, and size.

1 Like