Insurance on rent-credit homes

What type of insurance should I get on homes that I want to sell on a rent-credit basis?

Should I let the tenant get renter’s insurance?

Or should I get the insurance myself? Should I get home-owner’s insurance?

Thank you.

Hi there! I think you may take the help from an insurance agent to get to know more details about the insurance policy. You may either search online and read more articles on it about both the insurance. Both the insurance is equally important as you are going to sell the home for rent-credit basis. If some damage occurs at the tenant’s place, then a renters insurance will cover the damage. And if the damage occurs at home due to storm, water leak, mold or fire, then a home insurance policy will cover the damage. Home insurance policy is much necessary in order to repair the damage that occurs at home. When I wanted to register for a home insurance policy I have searched online and got to know about this site for a home insurance policy and public adjuster.

I would get a renters policy and the tenants should be advised get a contents policy - they usually won’t get it though which is not your problem. Mobile Insurance in Texas specializes in these nationwide and can give competitive rates from multiple carriers.

1 Like