Installing home security system to monitor MHP

Has anyone had success installing a Costco type wireless system in an MHP? We only need to monitor two access points and would prefer to have the system integrated if possible. Thanks!

I have spent several thousands of dollars on Camera Systems. So far it’s been a waste of money.

Unless you spend Big Money on a Camera it will be very hard to “capture” a face or a license plate that is usable.

I have one of these on the Trash Bins. None of my other Camera’s can read the license plates.

If you asked me if I would do it again. I would say No. Believe it or no but the Sheriffs department does not care if non-residents dump trash in my dumpsters… lol…

I do have a Nest system at my house and I love it.

3 Likes

i’m in the same situation. I am in the halfway toward the middle of the only drive in and out. I can mount cameras on my “pole” and tie into my home. However, the front end of the park will not be covered. The first resident just had lawn chairs taken from the bed of her truck! But realistically, it was a quick in, quick out thing. My other option is to plug in a wifi camera in the first home and give the owner a break on her bill. Other other option is to just use a trail cam up front to snap cars as they pass through.
I hope someone jumps on here with an excellent option…

as far as using your dumpster, that’s theft of services! No different than stealing cable!!

1 Like