Has anyone ever raised funds for a deal AFTER it was purchased?

I have an off market deal that has a relatively short DD period and there is a possibility that I will just pay all cash myself. I don’t really want too many eggs in one basket so I would like to sell an equity stake(s) or possibly issue debt but may need to do so after closing. Is it possible to syndicate/sell shares in a partnership/issue debt/whatever after you’ve already purchased the property?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m 99% sure I’ll have partners interested before closing, but in the off chance that I don’t, I’d like to know what my options are after closing. I am speaking with an attorney tomorrow but would like some first hand knowledge from operators as well.

Thank you all.

I have heart Grant Cardone day he has done this. I believe it was on the Bigger Pockets Podcast. I have bought out interest of a partner, would think it’s the same in reverse. Just keep in mind what your ultimate funding structure if you will have a debit component and what that lenders take will be.

1 Like

@Deleted_User_ME

Yeah basically just selling partner interest. But I was also playing around with syndicating after purchase as well. I will try and reach out to Grant. Thank you!