Has anyone built a lift station?

They seem pretty simple - tank, two grinder pumps, float valves, and control panel. I have tank size and pump size figured out for my application…

Anyone with one of these in their park see these as complex beasts that need to come as a package or will result in failure?

Thanks!

Did you get any response on the lift station question? I’m looking to put in a lift station in a park I have in East Texas.

Nobody responded, but I ended up building my own. Rough costs are about $4,500 versus $12,000 end to end installed. This is a 500 gallon tank with dual pumps, three floats, and alarm panel system that alternates pump cycling. It’s servicing 20 RV Pads.

The city inspector approved it as part of the sewer tap earlier this month.

I am planning to do a design write up on it once fully operational and load tested…

3 Likes

Thanks. I’m looking at 40 mobile home lots that need this lift. I was thinking about putting two stations on opposite sides of the park, just so not everything is routed to one area… but that may not be the smartest idea. I keep thinking of renters throwing stuff down the drains that the lift can’t pump up. Is there an equation that you figured with these pumps/tanks? I’m no engineer. So any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Shay

1 Like

The sewer pumps I got say they can handle anything 2 inches or smaller… but yes there are things that can get hung up in these pumps like wipes, feminine products, etc.

There is a good Youtube video on designing lift stations here - they can explain some of the variables better than I ever will: Sump and Sewage Lift Stations - YouTube. I used it as a guide for rough idea how much capacity I needed (to reduce cycle time), and then made adjustments for my situation.

I found some aftermarket setups for duplex pump stations here: Duplex Sewage Lift Stations for Residential & Commercial Use

Another way you can get some good insight is to call out a couple septic companies. They see these things (because they service them all the time when the pumps fail) and know what works and what does not. They may even be able to build it for you if you source the parts.

I have a running list of “gotcha’s” and lessons learned but know there will be more. Running the trench for electric next week and want to have a full post for everyone here once we get it on and tested.

Sorry don’t have more info but it’s still early on here as well…

1 Like

From the pics you sent me it looked like a nice little lift station your building. I’m glad you were able to use off the self duplexing controls.

A significant driver of cost is not usually the material itself but the fact that most items in the water and sewer world are generally required to be designed by an engineer and have to go through a government plan review/approval process. If the unit is small enough you may not be subject to engineering and plan review.

2 Likes