Has anyone actually used Purchasing Platform?

I hear from Frank Rolfe about how great Purchasing Platform is, but has anyone on here actually used them before? I tried to try them but found their shopping and ordering process archaic so never actually purchased anything. Is it worth the effort??

2 Likes

I recently signed on but about 90% of the things I looked at say “submit inquiry for price quote”. How does that help if needs are immediate? The few items I did find that we can use are priced about 10% lower than Home Depot or Lowes.

1 Like

I had a similar experience. They took days for a quote and they claimed to be cheaper but it was clear that they just marked things up 3%. Several vendors told me to just contact them direct. Very disappointed with Purchasing Platform’s user (unfriendliness) - it feels like the website was developed in 1980.

I am anxious to hear peoples experiences also. I have a demo setup for tomorrow with them…
If it’s not easy, it’s not worth me or my handyman’s time…

Would be very interested to hear your experiences after the demo. Jury seems like it is still out on whether it is worth the time and effort to deal with them…

The demo was what i expected. They just have a website similar to amazon. Most products have prices, some you have to request quotes. They do not have an App, which I don’t like. They said they are supposed to have an app down the road… The demo was what I expected. I’m still on the fence about whether it would be worth trying…

my experience has been the same as the others on this post. Many products require you to get a quote which takes days to just get the price. We use capital supply for a lot off our MH parts and whenever we would check with purchasing platform for a product, they were just calling capitol and getting the price from them and it was never cheaper than if we went directly with capitol .

1 Like

I have used them a few times.
I bought a range and dishwasher. It came from home depot. I saved a few bucks.

I needed some specialty Goulds pumps. I gave them the specs. 2 weeks later they were not able to get me what I needed. It was a pain. I ended up buying from my local guy.

I just got a quote for a 30" black stainless, slide in Samsung Range. I got a great delivered price. It has not been delivered yet. Saved at least $100.00 on that one. It was special order and the quote took a day or two. It’s coming from Home Depot.

One thing that I found to be a deal was Soda. I got a great delivered price!

Ordering directly on Amazon or Home Depot is easier. They are basically just a middle man and the overall savings are modest.

AW

Hello!
On behalf of Purchasing Platform, I just want to say Thank You for your feedback and insights into your experience with our marketplace.
Our #1 goal is to serve our clients and to get them the best pricing and customer service possible.
With that said - it is incredibly hard for us to get 10-30% savings on everything we host on our site. Honestly, it is sometimes hard to even get pricing to host on our site altogether! But, what we do guarantee, is matching what you currently pay without question and doing our best to find you savings in addition to that.
You are all right. Some of our pricing is request for quote because we have yet to find a national vendor who will assist us with those products.
You are also right that we do not have an app, but we did just raise a Series A investment and we are hoping to develop this in the coming months.
I apologize that some of you have not had the best first interaction with our platform.
If you are open and willing to giving us another shot, I would love to work with each of you to find savings and efficiencies in our platform. If anyone is willing to send me a list of frequently bought products, I will personally see to it that we go out to market and find you significant savings… the kind that will be worth your time and effort.
If you are not interested, then I totally understand.
I wish you all the best and, if nothing else, I hope we might have the opportunity to cross paths in the future. Hope you all have a Happy Holiday season.

Thank you, again, for your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Matt Page, VP of Sales and Marketing