Guy taking handyman special from tenant leaving

Most people think trailer should be taken to the dump but I’m willing to give the guy a shot. That said, I don’t want to find myself in a situation without a title and then having a bigger mess on my hands when/if he bails. Lot rent is $325. Was thinking of making him pay 3-4 months upfront. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Why would you charge him up front? I mean, you are debating whether to approve him as a resident? Make sure your state law allows security deposits of this type if that’s what it is.

You’re probably better off taking the trailer to the dump yourself but you don’t own it do you? Does “guy” have good title or just want to live there?

Current owner basically giving him title for free. Prepaid rent would be some skin in the game from my standpoint. I hope he does commit the time and capital but don’t want to be in a worse spot if he bails. Guess my downside doesn’t change all that much either way, just thought upfront payment might make him more incentivized to turn it around.

It would be nice to get, but you might not have the right to ask for it. You’re talking about asking for a large security deposit.

Hi Brandon, you had posted that you had found a way to find old single wides for sale in Indiana. But the post has been removed. I am on the west coast. Will you share your method of finding used MHs for sale? Thanks, Sue