Do you read google/yelp reviews before acquiring a park

I was wondering if many of you take into consideration bad reviews before buying a park.
For example here is one i came across:
This place is disgusting run down they don’t fix nothing Management is rude as hell there is people that live there that are meth and pills. People selling marijuana Heaven sake’s don’t let your air-conditioner go out because They won’t fix it floors are falling in roaches Black mold people breaking into your houses and cars One guy that was living there got his PlayStation taken from his trailer by one of the maintenance men that worked there. Yeah underage kids having sex in the trailers A mother letting her daughter and her daughters friends get drunk and high in her trailer. I would not recommend this place what so ever they need to condemn it the roads will tear your car up

Is this something that would make you run from a park like that (based on that alone)? Or is this something that’s common to MHP?

Just about any mobile home park in the U.S. – including 5-star ELS properties – can get that review every time they evict a tenant for non-payment. That’s how people use the system, and the ease of the internet has empowered every nut job on earth. Do your own due diligence and make your own decisions devoid of input by non-vetted sources that can’t even write proper English. “They don’t fix nothing” often means “they are evicting me because I won’t pay my rent or get rid of the three pibulls in my yard”.

In addition, even rough parks can be brought back to life if they have good locations and infrastructure. Every negative in that review can be fixed with pothole repair and a few lease non-renewals.

Bottom line: don’t let those type of reviews alter your thinking. Your decision should be based on due diligence and logic, not anonymous posts by idiots.

3 Likes

I was expecting (and hoping) for this kind of answer. Thank you Frank for reassuring!