Daycare business in park

A tenant in my park wants to rent out a separate home to use for a daycare business. Says the local zoning ordinances would allow it under certain conditions.

I’m not necessarily opposed to it if she can get it permitted and licensed. In fact it might even be a value added benefit for residents in the park with kids.

Has anyone had experience with something like this? Good idea? Bad idea? Why? (Need to think through the legal and insurance issues as well.)

I do not allow any business in the community. Once you allow one business it opens the door to other tenants wanting to operate a home business. It may effect your insurance rates and it will increases non resident traffic in the community. There is a noise and nuisance factor associated with home business, unless it does not bring clients to the community, which is why most businesses are not permitted in residential communities.

@Nick1, as per your post:

• “A tenant in my park wants to rent out a separate home to use for a daycare business. Says the local zoning ordinances would allow it under certain conditions.”

A daycare in your MHP sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Do you allow dogs in your MHP?

If yes, what size dogs?

What if a child from the daycare decides to pull another Tenant’s dogs’ tail and the dog attacks them?

The parents of the attacked child will sue you for everything you have.

The Mobile Home Park should be for Residential Use only.

We wish you the very best!