Collect Rent Online- Schedulemyrent.com or Paylease

Is anyone using schedulemyrent.com or do they have opinions?

Brief summary is that for the landlord it is $2 per payment for 1-5, then $1 each past that.

It’s $3.95 for the tenant to pay. Bank account payments are free. 2.85% for credit or debit payments.

Payments are made through Moneygram which is CVS and Walmart.

Seems like an inexpensive way to avoid a manager touching anything or mail-in issues.

I looked at Paylease before but i remember it being a bit more expensive.

Has anyone had any issues with this company, or paylease?

Thanks!

1 Like

Also interested in hearing the forums opinions on in-person to online payment conversion programs like Paylease and schedule my rent. We are using TenantCloud which allows free bank transfers through Dwolla. works well although the processing time is pretty slow, usually 5 to 7 days between tenant issuing payment and it hitting our bank account.

I’d be very interested in a somewhat universal in-person to online conversion program which could work with other PM software besides RentManager, if anyone hears of something like that.

1 Like

We have a 52 pad/47 unit park that we just purchased and selected ScheduleMyRent for rent collection. The two biggest selling factors for us on it were: 1) being able to accept cash at MoneyGram locations (CVS, Walmart), and 2) the low cost. ScheduleMyRent lacks in external integrations compared to the bigger software packages and isn’t as slick as something like Cozy.co but for us it works well as a rent collection tool.

One other big feature of ScheduleMyRent is their support team. I believe the owner himself is the one that triages support tickets and is usually very responsive to questions or other inquiries. We’ve had a great experience thus far.

1 Like

That’s great feedback! Thanks!

I just wanted to update everyone on how the first month went using schedulemyrent.com and things ive learned that others might fine useful.

So we said before, its free to the landlord and cheap for the tenants at $3.95 if they go to a Moneygram location (CVS, Walmart etc.) and free if they add a bank account and do ACH.

Moneygram:
The way that I would recommend doing it is giving every tenant a card that has the Schedule My Rent Account number on it, AND the tenants Account Number on it as well as their name.

The problems we ran into was that depending on the person taking the money at the Moneygram location they SOMETIMES require an ID and that ID name must match EXACTLY the name that you have in the system.

This is often tough particularly with hispanic folks that might have many names and its not a simple “Jane Doe” but might be Maria Rodrigues Pena Bautista that you put down in the system, but her ID might say only Maria Rodrigues. Also, any mispelling and it is rejected. Rodrigues might be entered at Walmart as Rodriguez.

Long story longer, if i had to do this again when i first took over and had my manager go door to door I should have asked him to collect names as it shows on their IDs.
Another issue is that a few tenants have said that they ask for proof of residence (why i have no clue.)

Bank Payments- ACH
This is the easier route is to have tenants pay by their bank account BUT they need an email so that you can then email them a link that they then enter their bank account info through.

Also this system requires a couple days of setup because the bank account needs to be verified through a small deposit of a few cents that the tenant then enters online to verify.

There is a way for tenants to have YOU enter their bank account info but it requires them signing a form and i have a feeling that will get complicated but i havent done it yet.

Another downside is that the user interface its not super user friendly but the upside is that as someone previously mentioned, if you have issues someone will email you back in a couple hours and he is super helpful.

One more thing to note is that the max is 100 lots (i have 110 zoned but 57 paying so this could eventually be an issue but thats years down the road)

Thats my summary and I hope this was helpful and people can avoid some issues that I had.

4 Likes