Can I move a lot as long as I am under the total count?

Looking at a park with 10 really small lots plus 30 of decent size.

I could combine them to make 5 decent size lots.

Then could I move the other 5 to nearby land? I would not have to builds a road, just extend the water/sewer and get the provider to move the electrical.

Park can legally have 40 lots so that would not change.

Anything wrong with this plan?

1 Like

Actually may have decent merit. The only thing you have to be aware of is knowing that you are going to lose income and (potential equity) of the other 5 lots… Most people weren’t doing this but perhaps this was your plan when buying initially.

The 5 lots I would be losing can probably only take a 45 foot home or an RV anyway.

I personally would rather keep the lots if you can get the right size homes in there if its reasonably acceptable to have them in there.

Do you have a specific reason you want to scrap the lots?

I would def read through the city code and ( and state governing body) to make sure there are no issues as well but i have not seen this be an issue of being below the lot count the park was licensed for.

I will add, researching at least one state, it requires a certain process and procedure of what must be done to “abandon” a site and may require an application update… So i would def dig into this further to make sure you are compliant.