Buying out TOH for park renovation

Have a 33 space park in California with about 9 tenants with TOH in park remaining. All but 2 are an eyesore and completely ran down. I’m currently having new mobiles brought into park and the plan is to rent them out. What are good options to offer existing tenants to buy them out and move out of park? I just want them gone.

California is a bit tougher to just get them “Gone.”

The First thing I would do is ask them if they will sell you their home. You may be able to buy a few for a few thousand bucks.

I would also start enforcing the rules more stringently. If no rules are in effect then you have to go through the process of initiating new rules.

798.25 is the section for amending park rules.
798.36 is How you can Enforce the Rules.

I’ve found this form to be very helpful.

Keep in mind when formulating your “reasonable” charges that a crew needs a supervisor to oversee the cleanup project, worker’s compensation, tools, vehicle, insurance.

$1500 is the minimum clean-up charge I have used. The charges get put onto their rent bill. If they don’t pay then you can serve them a 3 and 60 Eviction Notice. Most people get their spaces clean up.

You could just raise the rent.


Thank you so much for your response and good advise. I did offer a couple tenants $5000. One is thinking on it and the other…pretty much laughed at me and came back with counter offer of 20,000. That being 10,000 for mobile and the other for expenses, cost of displacement, i.e. mental anguish of moving and deposit and first months rent for new place. Should I be considering all that when I talk to others?