Building database including number of permitted lots

Hey guys,

I’m trying to put together a list similar to Frank and Dave’s that has a list of their parks and their pertinent information including the number of permitted lots. I’m able to scrape most information off of various websites and then manually come up with the missing information such as owners and things by way of Parlay 2.0, but I can’t seem to find an easy way of coming up with the number of permitted lots.

So I guess my question is, what is the easiest way of coming up with the number of permitted lots for a particular mhp. Was Dave and Frank able to scrape that information for their compiled list? Or was it something they manually filled out over time?

Thank you for your time

Hi, I’m curious if you ever found a solution to this. I’m in the process of building my database and I’d love to hear more about your process. Thanks!

With the number of parks out there building a database is extremely time consuming. All the effort that you put into it has to be duplicated continuously because the data constantly changes.

We manage our database by focusing on a few key markets in which we have existing operations or interest in penetrating. With this focus on core markets we can drive by properties, meet managers and owners, and become familiar with the whole region. For example, we have property in the Columbus Ohio MSA. Anytime we visit Columbus we may visit one or two or three other parks of interest and count lots, interact with tenants, and have discussions with managers, Lot count is one of the outcomes.

I wish you the best. Building such a database is a full time job.

Thanks for the post! I have my initial list down to 390 based on my criteria (including market region). I’m excited to begin building the database in earnest.