Bad sign that there are a lot of Craigslist ads for MHP rentals?

I am looking at a couple MHPs in the SW area and when I do a search on Craigslist for housing for rent (search terms are mobile|manufactured) I get over 500 hits. Obviously a lot of these are duplicates, but the number seems high and I’m concerned that supply may be greatly outpacing demand. (The two parks I am looking at both have 100% occupancy, but that, of course, could change at any time).

When I filter monthly rent to between $100 under and $100 over what the two POHs rent for, I still get 90 hits.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ultimately a test ad reflecting what you need to make it work would answer your question.

What you mentioned is a concern but I wouldn’t pass up a deal only with that data.

Ok thanks. I probably jumped the gun on my question. I just got the details on the POH and have posted an ad to see what kind of interest there is. Thanks for the reply.

No problem. There are a lot of threads about putting together a really good test ad. Only using Craigslist in many cases is not a good strategy.

Good luck - hope it works out for you.

Could be that a lot of the parks are mismanaged , Im in arizona and keep running into parks with month to month lease on all units - turnover will naturally be high if this is the case. Dont take my anecdote as fact of course - just an observation.