Back Rent on Auction Foreclosure Home

I’m interested in bidding on a foreclosed mobile home in a park. The seller (lender) has stated that the buyer is responsible for all back taxes and lot rent. I checked with the County and there are 2 years of back taxes owed. But I’m unable to find any information about back lot rent. The park does not have a physical office and my phone call (voicemail) has gone unanswered. I own a park a few miles away and have had people sell (and subsequently remove) homes owing back lot rent. When I spoke with an attorney, he said my only recourse was to sue the person who incurred the original debt. Without a lien, I was unable to touch the home. I’m wondering if anyone has any experience in this regard. State is GA. Thank you for any input.

The weather has been sort of odd the last few days. But if it has been over a week then look up the owner and give him / her a call on his mobile. I know I would appreciate knowing someone isn’t picking up the phone.

what happened with this?

I believe a lot of states have systems that prevent landlord liens like yours. And I have no advice for you as a purchaser, but in Oregon where we operate a few communities we have a system in place where lenders must come to the table on back rent and you may as well. However, when that fails, I stop foreclosure buyers from entering my private property, which they cannot do unless something in your local laws allows it. Its trespassing.

I let them enter the property to remove a home once they pay the equivalent of the back rent. No one complains because they are usually professionals and understand that this is how things should work.

Todd Foster

Have you tried knocking on some doors in the park, I realize it’s now December, and not something most people are up for doing, however, it’s a thought that just came to mind, sometimes a neighbor will have a number / name of the manager / owner they can share if someone was to … lets say, be interested in moving in and wanted more information on availability in the park? If one answers and is no help, move on to the next in the park until you find someone, it’s time consuming but it’s a way to glean the info you need on park management/ownership and start the ball rolling and sometimes its more fruitful than skip tracing.