Appfolio for parks

Does anyone use Appfolio to manage parks? I’d love to hear any feedback.

I use Buildium right now, and it’s fine, but not great. The features between the two seem to be very similar, but the implementation on Buildium is just mediocre (sloppy design in some areas which makes it harder to use on a larger scale).

Before I get too locked into Buildium, I’m considering making the switch. I’d hate it to switch over though and go through all of that work and not get a better product in the end.

2 Likes

I’ve looked at Appfolio but I don’t believe they have a software for parks after doing more research. Software Advice also directed me to Yardi which recently put out a newer system specifically for parks called Yardi Breeze. I would recommend evaluating both systems a little more closely to see what they offer for parks and the amount of units they can handle if that if what you are concerned about.

I am not familiar with App folio. But having evaluating several systems based on functionality and price, what does buildium not do that you are looking for? I know a lot of park people use rentmanager which seemed good to me but not good enough to warrant how much they wanted a month for their services. I currently use TenantCloud, it has it’s negatives but works for me mostly and I’m on the 300 a year plan. They do have a free option as well.

I currently use Buildium and have considered Appfolio in the past. It’s been a while since I have compared them, but from what I recall, this may be a sideways move. In my latest research you may have to switch to something like Rent Manager to get more advanced features. Every year I debate switching to Rent Manager, but as you indicated it is hard to switch once you start. I would think Yardi Breeze would also be a sideways move.

1 Like

My property manager uses App Folio for my four parks. He still does the rent roll manually in Excel because he does not like the format used by App Folio. That is the only complaint he has expressed to me.
I like it because I can log in periodically, check the collections and disbursements.

I use Appfolio for our parks and it is great. I wouldn’t say it is perfect, but it works well and is intuitive. I would say that I am much more comfortable that the architecture will get better versus some of the more archaic systems available.

What’s the benefit of AppFolio vs Rentmanager? I am using the latter, the UI/interface is horrible (think early 2000s desktop app), but it functions alright (my favorite feature being online payments & CashPay at the store using PayLease).