Another Day in the Life of an On-Site Manager

Our daughter who manages our park posted this to our Family Blog this morning; thought you might get a kick out of it.

Grouchy

Well, I guess it’s my turn…Sounds like everyone is enjoying there summer and that’s good. Everyone but me, summer is when all of the creeps here at this park are out and about, causing trouble, breaking rules, not cleaning their yards, not mowing, knocking on my door for the stupidest things, there are 500 kids running around, riding bikes and yelling! When it’s cold and snowy everyone is inside not bothering me. I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed! And it’s really not that bad, I guess it’s what you make of it.

Anyway…gotta go someone stupid is knocking on my door.

I’m curious what current park owners think about this post. Is this a normal situation and this manager is just being too sensitive? Or do you think this park needs to enforce rules more strictly with warnings and fines?

If you saw your manager posted this, what would you do?

It really depends on the quality of the community. If it is a trailer park with trailer park tenants enforcing rules is like herding cats. You need to want to change the quality of your community, replace your tenant base and strictly enforce rules otherwise you simply let the convicts run the prison. Managers must set realistic goals based primarily on the quality of their tenants.
If all your tenants are receiving welfare you do not expect them to have very high social standards, following rules may be a stretch.