Advice on painting this trailer

Hello,
I’m painting this 1980 trailer that has the same dark color on top/bottom sections and lighter color in middle section. Would it look better if I used a lighter color on top & middle sections and darker color on bottom section to mimic the current painting designs of new trailers?

For a home of this vintage, it won’t matter. Most people buying an home of this age are more concerned with quality of the home versus its color, plus every tenant will have a different opinion. Pick any combination that is reasonable and somebody will buy it.

The easiest thing to do is paint it the original colors.

1 Like

I like to keep it simple.
One Base color and one trim color. If you get too fancy, it gets too expensive.

I go to my local supply store, grab the Paint Brochure, and pick one of the homes they painted in the brochure. Also, I am color blind; this strategy makes my life easier. The top photo is from a Behr Brochure. The bottom photo is from Sherwin Williams. The other nice thing is they give you a few options and the color pallet changes at least once a year.

I also like to use White Trim.

Pick two or more paint manufacturer’s brochures if you are doing multiple homes in the same park.
Behr, Glidden, Sherwin Williams, etc.

Thanks. I went to the Clayton Homes site and found two shades of gray for new trailers, so was going to use that along with white trim for a nice update.

1 Like

Try to see the whole community image. You have to update the park in order to have a better sales/rent numbers. Our experience rehabbing homes for several mobile home parks is to go with Soft solid colors with white trims.
Future renters like that and our customers are very happy with the results.

3 Likes