What area should we look for a MHP?

We life in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 1.5 hours south of Jacksonville. It may be warm but the Park prices, as Frank has said, are high. We attended the Boot camp in Orlando last year and would like to buy our 1st park soon.

Any recomendations on what areas to focus on? We are free to travel.

We are strong believers in the Great Plains and Midwest. We are not big on the southeast – so the area you are in is the toughest to buy parks in. Major markets in the southeast behave much like the rest o the country, but beware of more rural areas where the park rents are $85 per month.

1 Like

Thanks Frank

Yesterday was great took 17 pages of notes.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Paul, first of all please let me say that my husband and I highly respect Frank and Dave. They are both extremely knowledgeable and successful.

Approximately three years ago we began our search for a Mobile Home Park. We live in South Carolina and we desired to manage our Park. We decided for our particular situation we would like to be within driving distance of the Park that we purchased. After spending countless hours looking for a Park that would fit our particular situation we finally closed on one in South Carolina.

We still search every day. We have also noticed that Florida Parks are considerably higher priced. We have also found that there are some nice Parks in Georgia and Alabama. For us this is a bit too far to travel.

There was a great “Lot Rent Only” Park on LoopNet in Anniston, Alabama that we tried to get some family members to purchase. Since it was a great deal, it was quickly snapped up.

However, if you do not mind driving a bit, hopefully you can find a great deal.

We wish you the very best!

1 Like

Kristin

Thank so much, Georgia or Alabama are a lot closer. If you see something you think my wife & I should look at we’d appreciate it. paulstmartin1@gmail.com

Judy & I wish you & your husband great success with you park and future parks!

Paul,

You are very welcome!

We will email you if we find an interesting Mobile Home Park :).

I would love to hear some opinions on MHP ownership in the Southwest (CO, NM, AZ specifically). I have seen a number of parks listed in Tucson. Any advantages or disadvantages to be aware of?

Paul: If you are willing to do a partnership on a mobile home park with me, I’d like to speak with you on a mobile home park deal that I would like to discuss with you privately.

Byron

Email: mogel007@yahoo.com

Phone: (319) 855-5922

easton Wrote:

I would love to hear some opinions on MHP

ownership in the Southwest (CO, NM, AZ

specifically). I have seen a number of parks

listed in Tucson. Any advantages or disadvantages

to be aware of?

I went to college in Tucson and still spend some time down there. Lot of listings but a lot of competition and Tucson isn’t as growth friendly as Phoenix. However the market doesn’t have the same crazy price fluctuations as other desert cities like Phoenix and Vegas have had. I would say it depends on the location, there are some pretty seedy areas down there that I would avoid specifically most stuff south of the I-10.

easton Wrote:

I would love to hear some opinions on MHP

ownership in the Southwest (CO, NM, AZ

specifically). I have seen a number of parks

listed in Tucson. Any advantages or disadvantages

to be aware of?

Hi Easton, where do you live? Like Mr. Sheedy already mentioned, Frank talked in agreement today in a MHPU interview re SW states and Arizona. His view was that you have to time the market right due to the fluctuations in land and property values… Not necessarily a bad state or bad to buy in the SW area, but defiantly a lot more market fluctuations than in the Midwest area. I’m in the Abq, NM area and have been looking local but finding more attractive deals in Midwest. Feedback from Frank and Jefferson definitely support having great systems in place so you can manage parks out of your home state from a distance. I think they recorded the talk from today. Hope all you guys are well!

SRN-

Thanks for the insight. I am in the ABQ area also. Not sure how far along you are in your MHP interests but I would love to connect if you are open to it. I am really new and looking to learn anything I can. I’d be happy to buy you a cup of coffee or at a minimum pick your brain a bit via email.

Specifically related to your learnings about the SW. You can reach me at tech.easton@gmail.com. Thanks!

If you’re from ABQ then Tucson would remind you a lot of home. Comparable size, natural mountainous scenery, and somewhat economically dependent on a large military base and a major university (believe the largest two employers in each city are those respective entities). I admittedly am very keen on both of those areas as well so I’ll shoot you an email.

John

easton Wrote:

SRN-

Thanks for the insight. I am in the ABQ area

also. Not sure how far along you are in your MHP

interests but I would love to connect if you are

open to it. I am really new and looking to learn

anything I can. I’d be happy to buy you a cup of

coffee or at a minimum pick your brain a bit via

email.

Specifically related to your learnings about the

SW. You can reach me at tech.easton@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Hey Easton, I sent ya an email and look forward to connecting with ya. Email is: samnewmon@gmail.com, just in case you didn’t get it.

Mr. Sheedy, where are you located? Would love to also hear your insight re SW, Arizona, etc. It’s always nice talking and learning from others! Email is: samnewmon@gmail.com if your able to share. Thanks!

Hi Sam,

They call my father Mr. Sheedy, everyone else calls me John! Look for my email.