Tiny/little houses

That is all they are for the most part and not as efficiently built. Problem with this section of society is that they want less but still want more. Probably consider themselves too good for MHCs as well.
Fact still is that building codes will not allow them into most MHCs due to codes related to stairs, plumbing, electrical etc. They are defiantly not built to A 277 code or Z 240.
They are really only acceptable for RV parks.

I have a park in south Texas, and have bought 6 Tiny Houses. They have worked out great. There is a company near Dallas that makes one that is inexpensive and fits my RV spaces. I ended up renting them out for $180 a week or $500 a month, all bills paid. Most of my tents are 50+ and single. I would not overlook their value if marketed and priced right.

@Bruno626 are these home on a chassis or something just mounted on the ground? There are so many variations of these it would be helpful to know what is working intermixed in an MHP…especially because there seems to be a perception that tiny home people don’t want to mingle with MH people.

It has a chassis attached to it. Legacy Housing built them and installed them like a normal HUD unit.

Sprout Tiny Homes is developing a 200 unit tiny home community in Salida CO.

Sixty of the homes will be designated as daily rentals. www.sprouttinyhomes.com

Some are DIY built units. But there are professionally built ones as well.

Looking into these now as rentals for all the refinery workers who will soon descend on this area. The professionally built ones are easy to insure.

Does anyone know how appraisers would value a long-term TH rental on a lot?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: