Subdividing MHP Property for Single Family Homes

Does anyone have experience subdividing parcels to create separate parcels of land away from a MHP? If you wanted to subdivide to remove a SFH from a park to be able to sell the SFH separately.

1 Like

You have to be careful doing this depending on when your park was built and how much land you are trying to separate from the park depending on your zoning:

My park was built in the 1960s before zoning. The park’s footprint is 2.9 acres on a larger contiguous parcel of 22 acres. My city’s current zoning says you can have a maximum density of 3 homes per net acre on public sewer (on septic its even less). So for my 22 lots I would have to retain 7.33 acres if I were doing what you’re describing.

Long story short, check with the planning and codes department.

1 Like

I have a park that in the next several months i expect to go to settlement on land that is being sold off, and a second park that I am in the beginning stages of the same process. It really is dependent on the planning and zoning of the county that you are in. Best to hire a good engineer with a reputation for working with the office of planning & Zoning