Septic Tanks vs Septic Treatment Plant

I am looking to purchase my 2nd park that is on 17+ acres and has several septic systems. I have been told that the park is maxed out in terms of adding more homes b/c the existing septic tanks can’t hold anymore homes. The owners are ready to retire and didn’t want to take on the hassle of building a septic treatment plant. How involved is that process and do you know anyone who has done this?

The benefit of adding the septic treatment plant is that I will be able to add an additional 50 homes over the next few years. I have been told it could cost 200K. I have done a small amount of due diligence but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this. The property is also on a well but has city water at the end of the property that we can easily run throughout the property so that we could sub meter each home. This is a park with huge potential but needs some work to be a multi-million dollar property.

Any feedback or comments is welcomed.

Thanks

Brandon

2 Likes

At Septic Works LLC, our licensed and insured septic tank inspectors can take care of this to the best of your interests.
Our services include septic tank inspection before completing a real estate transaction as well as septic tank pumping, septic tank repair, septic tank installation, engineered septic system, alternative septic system, and porta potty rentals.
We have been serving municiapl, residential and commercial clients across the US for 20 years.
Our prices are competitive and our septic tank inspectors are friendly and knowledgeable.

I think if you check with the companies that install the treatment plants, you are probably looking at 500k to 1million reallistically.