Re: New to MHPs and looking for advice

I’m somewhat of a new-comer to the mobile home park business as well. But I can tell you that there’s no better place than this forum and the website to gain knowledge and insight. I became curious about mobile home parks a few years ago and began educating myself about this asset class. At the same time, I started looking at every deal online that came up for sale. I wanted to evaluate the property, not only from the basic numbers, but also the other important aspects of the property such as infrastructure, # of park owned homes, market place, etc. I was then able to purchase my first park last year and turn it around. It’s been an absolutely great deal - not to mention, very rewarding after working over a year to find the right deal to buy. And it was an owner financed deal - can’t beat owner financing.

So I encourage you to buy Frank and Dave’s course or attend a bootcamp. Learn everything you can about this business and look at every deal that you can. Over time, you will get a sense right off the bat of whether or not the deal is interesting or not even worth looking at further. And you will also be able to better identify exactly the deal that’s right for you.

There are many excellent people on this forum willing to help you along the journey. Glad to have you here!