Protest common?

Are these protest common in the mobile home park business?

It happens to some people. Usually more in blue states (New York or California). I’m Midwest. Have had 0 issues.

Don’t buy in liberal states. Period. And if you do, don’t complain afterwards.

2 Likes

It happens but is not too common. There is some bad press on the industry though, but the percentage of parks targeted is very small.

I believe in freedom to protest. Tenants are being misinformed sometimes and not seeing what has happened to affordable housing. On the other hand $100 plus a month lot rent increases by the big groups is ridiculous!

Obviously, we have individual tenants who complain about rent increases, but we have not seen protests in communities in our area (Pennsylvania).

My response to my tenants who complain about how they are being treated is always, “when you find a more affordable place to live with the same amenities, I encourage you to do what is best for your family and move.”

In my experience, these “protests” are largely built on ignorance or anecdotal evidence. Most of my tenants have no idea how much effort and cost is required to replace entire roads, replace all in-ground water pipes, install French drain systems, etc. As they say, “the grass is always greener on the other side.”

Do not allow these small protests to discourage you from purchasing a community. If you are an ethical landlord, you will have more people defending you than angry with you, and, usually, the ones that are mad/loudest are the worst tenants in the community i.e. late payers, troublemakers, rule breakers, etc.

2 Likes