PROBLEMS with Property Tax Auction on TOH

Hello, I have a park in Minnesota and back in the spring the county put a lock and sale notice on the door of a recently abandoned TOH for owing taxes. On the notice posted and through email with the county tax assessor the auction date of September 19th was confirmed. I was not happy with it the fact the home was going to sit for 5 months with no rent paid but the bright side was this home which title had been lost many owners ago was going to get a new title issued after auction. The day of auction arrived and I sent my manager there to observe and possibly bid a dollar. My preference however was someone else would buy the home, do some repairs and occupy it once again.

When my manager got there and asked about the auction of the home they told him it wasn’t scheduled and they don’t have a date for it yet. It may be sometime in 2023. My manager said the notice on the door said September 19th and they replied well we don’t have a title yet.

This really pissed me off and I have some questions but first a small backstory. Last year the county held an auction for a different abandoned home in my park and it was bought by some flippers. They were surprised and unhappy when my manager told them they need to pay lot rent, sign lease, and apply. I could not get in touch with the flippers for months after the sale as they never visited the house and I had no contact information. After digging on the tax assessor site and tracking down the LLC I got a hold of them. They said the county never delivered title and was refunding their money. So no lot rent was going to be paid. That home is still vacant and locked up by the county to this day.

My question is what should I do in this situation? Who legally owns the homes right now, the county? Who is responsible for the back rent owed? Can I charge the county? Can I charge the new buyer if and when it ever goes to auction again? Do I have any grievance with how long they are sitting on these homes without sale?

Also winter is coming and the home needs to be winterized. The water shut off is inside the locked house.

Geez… Sounds like the production prevention department has struck again.

I just did a quick google search and found the procedure to acquire title when “Ownership is at Issue”
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/168A.143
MV-AppForTitleMH.pdf (1.5 MB)

Looks like a straightforward process.