Pennsylvania Law Act 261 changes

I read this on the Pennsylvania manufactured housing assocation website - Pennsylvania will require that all mobile home park owners give their tenants one year leases, not month to month, and that the rent can only be raised once during the lease period. I suppose that a tenant can choose to rent month to month, I placed an offer on a MHpark in Pa, which was accepted -

I am concerned about buying a park in pennsylvania -after reading this information

what is your opinion on this change in the law - is this law present in any other states ?

do you feel it is a trend that will be adopted by other states ? the web address is : www.pmha.org

ACT 261 CHANGES

The MOST SIGNIFICANT CHANGES IN 34 YEARS WAS SIGNED BY GOVERNOR RENDELL AND WILL TAKE EFFECT MARCH 18, 2011.

Act 80 (HB 2212) effects everyone in the manufactured housing land lease community business. Some of the major changes are:

• MANDATORY LEASES FOR EVERYONE

• RENT MAY ONLY BE INCREASED ONCE IN ANY 12 MONTHS

• CONSUMER DISCLOSURES ARE REQUIRED FOR EVERY LESSEE AND

PROSPECTIVE RESIDENT

• MANDATORY FIVE DAY RIGHT TO RESIND AFTER RECEIPT OF DISCLOSURES

• ADDITIONAL REQUIRED NOTICES TO DISPLAY

These changes will require you to completely re-think your management policies and procedures. And will provide you with an opportunity to improve your current methods of working with Lessees and other individuals living in your community.

The revised Act 261 has not yet been published in the final form, however, we have … go to wwwl.pmha.org to get all info