Park For Sale, Should I Be Looking to Move?

Greetings, Gentlemen,

I am a longtime resident of one of the mobile home parks you have listed for sale. When I first moved in, it had some problems but on the whole it was a pretty decent community. It was affordable, close to work and shops. Then the owner sold to a group of absentee owners and well, you can guess what happened next. Drugs, gangs, decent people started moving out. About that time I also found out that the village had rezoned the property to single-family houses and condos. The village council has told me that they do not have any plans to shut down the community; however, if it does close for any reason, they will not allow it to reopen. I have heard that one of the local developers has had his eye on the property for some time, but since the crash of 2008 he has been overextended with some of his other projects, otherwise he would have put a bid in when it went up for auction.

To make a long story short, the park is in foreclosure, and is up for sale. None of us who live here have any clue as to what is going to happen next. Several years ago there was a mobile home community in a neighboring town that was the subject of controversy when it closed down without warning, and I am very concerned that this may be the fate of this one as well, given its history. I don’t really want to move, my trailer is paid off, and my expenses are minimal. The police finally took action against the drug dealers last sumer, so it is actually starting to be a nice place to live again.

What I would like to know is what happens if the park does not sell within a certain period of time? How long do communities like mine usually languish on the market? More to the point, should I be actively looking for another place to live?

Thanks.