MHPI Fund vs. buying your own mobile home park

From the parks that I have, I would say you are giving up about half of the return
But… You get to sit back and just collect the checks. No involvement at all in petty day to day BS

I think the funds are a good diversification form stocks and bonds.
As compared to other private placement real estate the returns are superior.
NNN leases with A rated tenants 4-6 %, commodity farms 3-4%, high occupancy apartments ~ 6%.
MHP 's are getting more attention but still ignored. For the most part, it’s a tough sell.
But as more people catch on the returns will also go down.

DeanS,Pretty sure you’re incorrect on the details you’ve shared about the F&D fund. I know a couple people that have invested in their fund and my understanding of Fund 4 is that they split everything 50%/50% above the preferred return not 80% to the investor and 20% to the manager as you’ve suggested. I believe there is also a 4% asset management fee (not 2%) and an acquisition fee for each deal. That’s a menaingful difference from the info you’ve shared - please let me know if I’m mistaken - perhaps there is a different fund (with the structure you’ve detailed) that you’re referring to. 

:(

I have not participated in these posts to date because one of the key provisions of Reg D 506 is that you are not supposed to publicly disclose information or talk about these investment vehicles in public – so this forum is the most inappropriate setting for this discussion. However, I can tell you that the information on most of these posts is massively incorrect. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them privately at frank.rolfe@gmail.com, but I’ll only use the correct protocol – not our rules, but those of the SEC.

2 Likes