MHP Rules

Just wondering if any MHP owners had a good set of rules for thier park. if so could i get a copy

Thanks In advance

Brian Bellante

Brian,

Here are the top ten rules that have helped me clean things up at my park, Darnell’s Trailer Park, here in Peesashat, OK.

1. Old toilets are not to be used as planter boxes or any form of landscaping decor.

2. Inopperable vehicles used as an add on / additional living space will be charged separate lot rent.

3. No shitting on the drives.

4. Heroin needles must be deposited in the proper recepticles.

5. Neighborhood dogs and cats are not supper and are not to be used as such.

6. Cardboard is not an acceptable skirting material, however duct tape is.

7. All barefoot, unattended children will be sent to the lost and found.

8. Christmas lights must be removed by July 1st.

9. Dupsters are not to be converted to childrens play houses.

10. The following are not acceptable methods of payment:

food stamps, a baggy of marajuana equal in value to rent, six pack of beer, rusty tools, andy car parts, or a night with your wife, sister, or mother.

Brian,

I sent the Park Rules & Regulations that I use to your email address.

Corey

Sent you mine also… I get my apps,agreements, reference sheet, police check, etc from nolo.com…a great form site.

Call if you want me to mail you a complete packet!

Greg

352.216.2020 Cell

thanks to all who sent rule it was a big help

Post Edited (10-08-06 18:18)

I think #3 has the most potential for improving a park

LOL

This may be a little offbeat, but early feedback might inidicate that it might be a useful set up for the ‘community rules.’

My belief is that an integral aspect of management is selection of relatively like-minded and cooperative people who desire to be our residents. To my way of thinking, we want to help prospective tenants know what we expect in no uncertain terms, and to rent to those who WANT to be part of this “like-minded community.” In other words, in marketer’s parlance, “Birds of a feather…” The ‘others’ usually get that they won’t fit in and seem to not return with their application!

At some point during the initial contact, usually on the phone, we introduce the idea that our company is commited to providing, “Good homes for good people.” “By that,” continues the patter, “we mean well-meaning folks who accept what we call, ‘The Four Agreements.’” We go on to say that these are just some fundamental ideas that any decent and reasonable person would understand and agree to. For instance, the first agreement is that you pay your rent on time as agreed without being asked; The second is that you take real good care of the property entrusted to you; Third, you agree to let your neighbors enjoy THEIR right to quiet enjoyment; And finally, you agree that if anything breaks, doesn’t work or just plain isn’t right about your home or the community, you will let us know as soon as possible so that management can take care of it. Then we just shut up and watch for the reaction. We are looking for signs of relief (in comparing the prospect of our community to the deteriorated situation they are trying to distance themselves from). Many prospective tenants jump right on the idea and declare their agreement and relief that SOMEONE appears to have some rules. The next step is the tour and the app.

The big idea here is that we try to communicate with every interaction that our Four Agreements are immutable, just like the law of gravity. I don’t think there is any panacea for tenant management. The four agreements do seem to serve (so far) to provide a simple framework for our relationship. Our community administrators ‘seem’ to be experiencing more cooperation, even collaboration. We all understand that the Agreements just ARE. No one can change them or give dispensation from the requirement to ‘keep’ them. The path of least resistance is obvious, perform (the details are spelled out in our contracts and pet addendum, etc.) or leave. The idea is that we try not to MAKE anyone do anything, we merely explain the obvious breach of an agreement and its possible consequences. Our Admins are finally getting used to the idea that they don’t have to try to make people change their behavior. They’re getting good at highlighting what will assuredly happen as a consequence. I’m also thinking that this approach might take some of the unpleasantness out of the daily routine and forstall burn-out of some great managers.

I hope that this explanation of how we work to create a CONTEXT of acceptable behavior in our communities has been useful.

mizag thankyou for what you’ve written, I surely saved it to use.