MHP management software

Does anyone have experience with buildium.com property management software? Any recommendations, good or bad?Which software do you guys use?Thanks! 

Appfolio, Asana, Grasshopper, Apple’s Reminders, Burner, experimenting with Slack.  Also heard good things about vBulletin.-jl-

Hey Jefferson. How does Appfolio compare to RM? Why use it?How many lots/units are you managing today? Vbulletin is great. Is the forum used for tenants and property management? I’ve had a lot of success with Simple Machines Forums but it is not the simplest. I’m looking into simpler forums. Thanks for sharing your suite of applications/tools.

I use- for mobile home parks-parksidekick, and Vbulletin, google calendar and notesmith. I have my own forum I use to manage my parks and communicate with my managers. I also use Slack for reasons other than operating mobile home parks, and I have recommended it to others who do not want to opperate their own forums. 

Jefferson, for grasshopper, do you have one phone number per park with multiple extensions or one phone number for your company and are the extensions your individual parks? Just curious how you run grasshopper with multiple parks. Thanks.

Each park has a separate phone number with extensions:
0: hours and directions
1: our centralized person who sells homes
2: on-site manager
3: corporate headquarters (my partner or me)

All properties also have their own website.

In this business it’s better to look like a mom-n-pop rather than a big company. Big companies scare residents with ‘iffy’ credit.

We believe there is no point in combining parks’ phone lines or websites all into one. It confuses potential residents. No other businesses work that way. Probably also lowers the search ranking of the website.

My 2 cents worth,

-jl-

1 Like

Thanks Jefferson! Appreciate the insight!