MHI Recap

Missed this year’s get together in Las Vegas with a sinus infection. I’ve heard that there were quite a few new faces and that with Freddie bringing money, everyone was in a good mood.For those of you who went, what was the general mood? Any good panels? I wanted to hear more about the CPFB/Mortgage panel and I thought there was one on lease structure and leasing strategies at the NCC portion.Certainly look forward to next year.Will

The atmosphere was very upbeat, and there were a number of new faces there (many of which were private equity groups looking at the nuts and bolts of the industry, similar to the Carlyle Group). Just about every conduit lender was there and, of course, the regular vendors and brokers that attend every year. I did not hear many speeches, as I was giving one myself and revising the power point up until I went on. Based on the general enthusiasm, I would definitely go to the NCC event in Chicago if you are nearby – you can feel the excitement about the future of the industry.

Hi Frank,  Has a date been scheduled for the NCC in Chicago?  Thanks, Bob

The atmosphere was very upbeat, and there were a number of new faces there (many of which were private equity groups looking at the nuts and bolts of the industry, similar to the Carlyle Group). Just about every conduit lender was there and, of course, the regular vendors and brokers that attend every year. I did not hear many speeches, as I was giving one myself and revising the power point up until I went on. Based on the general enthusiasm, I would definitely go to the NCC event in Chicago if you are nearby – you can feel the excitement about the future of the industry.