How strict are you on 3-day notices?

Have three smaller parks here in Washington State and we are fortunate to have mandatory ERP (Eviction Resolution Programs) in every county of the state. Its a post Covid eviction moratorium program that has stayed in place. Takes all the frustration and emotion out of the process as tenants may ignore or disregard your expectations they won’t do it with the State involved.

The whole conversation is interesting in that we think that the threat of evicting someone and 3 day pay/vacates is going to spur change. Ok… maybe but at the end of the day most people living in mobile home parks don’t have any real money. They are living hand to mouth and if you tell them they have to move their trailer you might as well tell them they need to move to Mars. If you don’t have an ERP in your State… well I guess we have to hire an attorney, go to court, get the sheriff, force them to move or worse yet abandon their trailer. Yeah you got em over a barrel but at the end of the day you are screwed financially.

I am no big deal here with just three small parks (64 spaces total) and I am retired so I am fortunate to have the time and energy to have relationships with all my tenants. I have had my issues with tenants so don’t get me wrong. But it is rare.

Going to be late with your rent? No problem and let me know.
Transmission go out on the one car you share with your wife? No problem… we can work this out.
Mother died in Texas and you need the money to drive to Texas? Forget the rent- we’ll skip it this month.

It is a balancing act that requires relationship building. So I guess I am not very strict… but everyone pays within the month and I have had no vacancies in four years.