First timer

SOOO tired of slumlords! Got a line on a mobile home in foreclosure. Needs work, but affordable and I have cash for purchase.

Question: do finance companies negotiate price?

Question: back rent from prior tenant is alot, negotiable also?

Question: what are the other costs entailed? I would pay the foreclosure price, giving me full ownership. But, is there tax? title fees? I read something about AC hookup and skirting fees. how much are these normally, ballpark figure? It has a skirt, no AC unit, no propane tank.

And, when rehabbing, any rules as in tile vs linoleum, hardwood vs carpet?

Is there a use and occupancy needed before moving in?

Permits for rehabbing baths/kitchens? (scratch & dents and floor samples!) OH! And, I know with houses, old bills can go to new owners. Is it the same with mobile homes?

Right now I am living in a mold filled apt with 74 days to leave (my choice, obviously). The lot rent of this foreclosure is half of what apts are in my area.

Any assistance in getting this first timer here moving would be appreciated!

Question: do finance companies negotiate price?

A: A little, unless you are buying more than one.

Question: back rent from prior tenant is alot, negotiable also?

A: Sometimes. You should try.

Question: what are the other costs entailed? I would pay the foreclosure price, giving me full ownership. But, is there tax? title fees?

A: Each county usually taxes the home for personal property tax. Yes, title fees, Check with your DMV or MVA

I read something about AC hookup and skirting fees. how much are these normally, ballpark figure? It has a skirt, no AC unit, no propane tank.

A: Talk to the park manager about these. AC is your choice unless they do not allow window air conditioners in their park.

And, when rehabbing, any rules as in tile vs linoleum, hardwood vs carpet?

A: your choice.

Is there a use and occupancy needed before moving in?

A: Check with park and county.

Permits for rehabbing baths/kitchens? (scratch & dents and floor samples!)

A: Not usually.

OH! And, I know with houses, old bills can go to new owners. Is it the same with mobile homes?

A: It Depends, talk to the park or someone locally.

Have you been to the park? Get going, if not.

Steve