Hi, just trying to get equipped with any possible additional knowledge. I’ll keep this super brief:
- “Investor” purchased 2 mobile homes in my park for probably a $3-4k investment. No one lives there. No one has mowed this year (I’ve since mowed.) Condition of homes is deteriorating.
- Sent investor a lease but they objected to the rent and a deposit and wouldn’t sign. Any further attempts at communication were ignored so there is no lease.
- We are close to $10k past due between the two homes and costs. Months ago I offered like $1k-$2k for titles and was ignored. I properly sent 5-day notice, filed eviction, served etc. We are coming up on our 3rd court date.
- The investor asked the judge for time to move the homes. I objected and the judge kicked the can down the road. After court, I called the first few movers in google and found one to move in 3 weeks for $4200 (2 homes) and they haven’t heard from the investor.
- Sent us to mediation and I said I would take $5k and titles. The investor said no. The mediator asked if hypothetically he owed nothing and just had to turn over titles, and he said no. (I know I would not get the $5k, but I would like it to show money was owed should anyone start background checking the investor.) The investor had no ideas for solutions. Mediation is confidential so the judge won’t know this.
- So far the investor asked for more time for to hire an attorney, said he wasn’t served properly, said he wasn’t offered a lease, said he wasn’t offered the right lease. Basically, he’s going to throw every monkey wrench at the situation. This person is not making good decisions. You can’t apply logic to this person’s situation. Occasionally the judge seems flabbergasted at the why of this.
Any ideas how I can expect this to play out, or anything to be ready for in court?
I have talked to several attorneys. The person I use for house evictions doesn’t want to brush up on mobile homes. Another person I watched in my earlier court date will be out of town for part of the time until our next court date and will not have time to brush up on mobile homes but he can pick up after if I want. He definitely did not currently know anything about the mobile home process when we talked but I’m sure he can learn.