Drug users scaring off other tenants. What should I do?

onlinefun if you are renting park owned homes I can not advise you. That is a different business than mine which is resident owned homes only.
As for competing with nicer parks they should have higher rents not lower rents than less attractive parks unless you are targeting low end undesirable tenants. You can charge a premium when renting to higher risk tenants that have limited options/would not be approved for the nicer parks with higher screening standards.

The units involved are not POH’s.

"As for competing with nicer parks they should have higher rents not lower rents than less attractive parks unless you are targeting low end undesirable tenants. " - Okay very interesting. Makes sense (as long as others have higher application requirements, which I dont know).

Rant:

I will say after talking to one tenant who complained that they could barely afford rent, so I said what would happen in such a case? and they said they would have to live with their parents, and I am like, maybe that is a better idea to live with people you care about, and you could also save a lot of money each month; because guess what: my mom lives with me too because she cant afford her own place. In america everyone thinks they need a separate home from the rest of their family; unless no one in your family can stand you, and therein lies another hidden truth that probably needs some work.

1 Like

Careful getting involved with tenants. I avoid talking to them as they often try to guilt trip you.

I do rent increases blindly. If people cannot afford them, they either make it work or I evict and rent to somebody else for even more. It’s a business not charity. More often than not they make it work.

Landlords must decide if they are operating a business or a charity. When a landlord makes excuses to not maintain market rents or not raise rents annually to adjust for cost of living increases they are operating a charity.
It makes no difference which you choose, business or charity, but once you do choose your decisions will be far easier to live with.

Now that I have a real manager, this is easier to do. I agree. Is there not an average person on the planet that doesnt think their expenses are too high, which was the point I was trying to make, but the reality is, most overspend and waste and over-imagine their problems :slight_smile:

I appreciate the info.