Breaking a lease

If a tenant has 5months left on his lease and he leaves is he by law oblegated to pay the rest of his lease if I fill the lot with another occupant?

No, of course not.

When a tenant breaks the lease does he have to pay the rest of the lease in full before he pulls the trailer out or can he keep paying each month until I fill the spot or lease ends?

Just to clarify this is a lot rent lease only .

you cannot double dip and be paid twice. he is responsible for the time the lot was empty and any marketing costs incurred to fill the lot.

This is actually a trailer I want to buy that is in another park.the owner of the trailer wants to sell it to me but has a 5 more month left on lease.being a new park owner and not sure about breaking leases I was trying to find out.the park the trailer is in says he has to pay his lease before moving the trailer out.my question is does it have to be played in full or can it still be played each month just like if the trailer was there? And if the lot get occupied he stops paying.

Paid not played, auto spell got to love it.

That’s an interesting question.  Can the landlord prevent a lease-holder (or their assignee) from moving the home if the lease-holder keeps paying the rent?  There’s a discussion on LinkedIn about a similar question regarding rights of first refusal held by the landlord.  But that’s a different issue.In this case, the lease holder could continue paying the owner of the lot and the owner should be indifferent to whether there’s a home on it or not.  But why would the lease holder do that?  The lease holder would probably stop paying and the landlord would be out the money for the lot (until it was refilled) as well as the collateral (the home you bought).  I am sympathetic to the landowner who does not want to let the collateral leave, since the lease holder is probably judgment proof (has no money to spare).Legally, it probably depends on state law, but I think that while the landlord might (*might!) be able to put a lien on the home before it leaves, he/she/it cannot forbid the home from leaving if the rent is current.  If the rent ever becomes past due, the landowner could probably execute on the collateral and end up owning the home (even if bought by a third party).  But that’s just a theory, I don’t know if that would be legally accurate (and like I said, it probably depends on the state & the judge too).I think in practice your best bet would be to have the tenant pay off the landlord in one lump (5 months in advance) and get permission to move out.  Then you get the deal done 5 months before the lease ends.  But I wouldn’t advertise what you’re up to because the landlord is going to want to keep the home (and may pay more than you would for the home).Brandon@Sandell