Advice on Dog troubles

Hi,

Although I frequent this site this is my first post.

I recently purchased a 73 space park in Northern California. I have since taken over the property management duties on Sept 1 from a local management company.

I have what hopefully will be a easy issue for a lot of you. I have a tenant that has been warned on many occasions to keep his dog in his yard. This is against our rules as well as State Law.

The following is an excerpt from a “Pet Violation” letter I sent him on Sept 17…

Violation of LMHP Rules

Rule 11 Pets.

“Any pet running loose in the park will be impounded at the owner’s expense”.

Violation of HCD Civil Law

Hey,

I would post a 7 day notice to cure for all in possession and let them know they violated a park rule and have 7 days to remove the dog.

9 times out of 10 they will try to turn the dog into a service dog which 9 times out of 10 can get through unless the dog but someone. I would try the 7 day notice to cure and get pics of the dog wondering around the park without a guardian or owner.

Does the letter also go on to explain the consequences in the event the owner does not comply.
If not you will need to provide that information before taking additional action. In addition you need to have had the dog impounded at least once to support your actions. This is important.
If all of that has been done then either serve notice to terminate his lease or instruct them to remove the dog from your property. My advice would be to terminate their lease. It’s much easier than trying to get rid of the dog
and they may chose to get rid of their dog to avoid eviction.

This is a 6 year old post.

1 Like

Darn, I need to start checking dates.

1 Like

I only responded because it popped up in my notification.