Where to buy gas, water & electric sub meters?

In California, parks must replace 10% of their meters each year. Who can recommend the best places to buy new or remanufactured gas meters, water meters & electric meters? We just need manual ones. Our gas meters are side-mount, meaning the pipes go in/out the sides.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Badger-Meter-M25-3-4-PVC-Meter-/291553817870?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I had a consulting client who owned a California park. We called a few local meter installation companies and got a few bids. I don’t know where they purchased the meters, but they were experienced California installers and installed meters that met California code.

One other thought: It’s not exactly true that 10% of meters have to be replaced every year. The law states that meters must be calibrated every 10 years. If the meter fails calibration, then, indeed, it must be replaced. We sent our meters to be calibrated, and around 3/4 of them were just fine, so we simply re-installed them. Calibration is a lot less expensive than replacement.

My 2 cents worth,

-Jefferson-

All of this can be bought on Amazon if you diy, otherwise get them as part of your contractor bids as @Jefferson mentioned.

If buying meters yourself, be sure they meet Calf. regulatory standards, which are the strictest in the nation.
Most direct read meters are @ $45. Neptune, Master Meter, AMCO and Badger are all municipal grade meters.

Were here to answer you sub-metering questions
Sincerely,
Dan Helton
President
Southern Water Management
727-827-4509
Dan@SouthernWaterManagement.com

Yes it is true, Calif. regulatory standards are the strictest we’ve personally dealt with in the nation.
However, we do have first hand experience on selling water sub-meters and installing these meters in the state of California. Not only exceed safety standards, but also, and most importantly, insure full code compliance.

ABT Water Management is your direct source for fulfilling the need of sub-meters in your community(s)

Our services include but are not limited to:

Utility sub-metering
Water meter installation
Utility management services
Automated meter reading
Utility billing services

If you have further questions on the mater,
or would like a FREE consultation to put things in better perspective

Please, feel free to contact me anytime.

Regards,

Gabriel Elendu
ABT Water Management
Sales Representative
Gabriel@abtwater.com
800.697.9096 ext 14

Visit us at: http://abtwater.com/

Gabe,

We’re just trying to buy water meters. We have staff to install them. Do you sell the meters? If not, can you please refer us to your vendor?

May the Lord bless you,

Ian Dyer

Dan,

We’re just trying to buy water meters. We have staff to install them. Do you sell the meters? If not, can you please refer us to your vendor?

May the Lord bless you,

Ian Dyer

Jefferson-That is a helpful clarification that will save us money. Thank you! Ian Dyer

Yes we do sell the water meters.

You can give me a call some time today. It would be my pleasure to get your community fit for the best meters for the job.

Gabriel Elendu
800.697.9096 Ext 14
Gabriel@abtwater.com
http://abtwater.com/water-meter-installation/