What to do with abandoned/uninhabitable homes

That’s perfect. Great ideas

If the homes have not had windows for yrs then all the floors and walls below the windows are rotted along with the belly insulation. Which makes the homes junk in my opinion. The amount of time needed would over double any value to be had. Have them scrapped onsite but only by a trustworthy guy. My guy accumulates the metal, sells off the frame and axles [for car trailer builders] and puts the rest in dumpsters I rent for him. Done in a few days.

Before you dismantle any MH’s make sure you do an Asbestos Survey.

A lot of these old homes have it in them. The survey should cost you about $150-400.00.

We were doing a “smash job” and the local Health Department guy came running at us like we were Killing Endangered Species. Someone had complained. We pulled out our Survey and the inspector left immediately. Now we do the survey’s and fax them directly to his office.

If you do not have a survey you can be fined $1,000/day and up even if the site is found to be Asbestos free. Not to mention OSHA violations.

The asbestos survey is also required if you are doing a renovation. Which includes a tear down and relocation of a double wide home. It’s kind of crazy but since you own the park your a considered a “Commercial Facility”. If Joe Blow homeowner does the reno, tear down, or moves the home then nothing is required.