What are current estimate costs for infilling a vacant lot?

Looking for a range of typical costs in the last year or two:

Home cost for older home?
Basically, looking for $10k-$15k homes on craigslist, so I will answer this question.

Transportation costs?

Setup cost?

Avg. repairs?

Getting utilities in place?

The transportation (and set up costs) may vary by State. They may be $3500 to $10000 depending on what services the transporter/installer provides.

Set up cost is usually built into the transportation cost.

Repairs will depend on the condition of the home. Sometimes a window will break, an appliance will fall over or a crack may appear in a wall/ceiling during transport; the cost to fix will vary.

You’ll have to run a gas line from the home and stub it to the meter - this is probably a few hundred dollars. The electrical connection will vary - it could be $500 and up.

2 Likes

Costs depend on a specific MH, where it’s coming from/going and the existing utilities being to the site.

As a rule of thumb

Transportation: depends on MH diminsions.
If a 16x70 within 25 miles ~$3500 with set up.
(Transport typically includes leveling, blocks, tie downs.)
Utilities: $8500 (I refer to this as “set up” including underpinning and decks)
Repairs: depends on what needs to be done.

So assuming $10 for the home, then $3500 for transport and setup, and utilities of $8500, so looking at $22k per home for a local move, and that is without repairs. This math good?

Dav’s Utility cost seems high to me. You can buy steps with a landing or build steps with a landing for around $500 to $800. In OH the landing must be no less than 36in for the front door and 24in for the back door - I don’t know about your state’s requirements. Skirting is around $700 to buy and my install cost is about $800 (my handyman charges $22 per hour). I recently purchased an 89 home for $600 and my total expenses so far (not including the electrical connection which I expect to be around $1000) are about $8000, this includes $3100 for transport and set up (the transport company also handles the leveling, water/sewer connection, tie down). I have a few hundred bucks going into seal coating the roof, light fixtures, etc.

I agree utility estimate seems high at $8500 but it depends what’s included / your particular situation. Longer runs (meter farther from home) cost more.

Don’t forget site prep, if needed, and the A/C pedestal / hookup (if needed).

I’d estimate more like $10k-15k than $22k – but still not cheap.

However, as with everything, it depends on your location and specific facts. Moving the home from farther away costs more…