Vicious Breed Mix - Eviction vs Non-renewal

Tenant has been issued violations for a vicious breed mix. Would like to non-renew vs go through eviction process, but given violation history, any risk for “retaliatory” claim here? I need no reason to non-renew, so they shouldn’t have a case, right?

If they stay post non-renewal, eviction probably would be easier. Not sure how the judge is going to be able to decide the breed of a dog given no paperwork has been provided (although that’s also a violation, so I presume we can go that route as well - no vaccination history, insurance, etc.).

State law should be looked at, however if non renewal of lease is an option, I always go that route, then the “reason” does not even have to ever be talked about in court. Non renewal is generally a save and sure bet

1 Like

Just be. careful of Fair Housing laws.

There is no such thing as a vicious dog mix. it is a bad owner. Big dogs don’t = a bad dog. Man’s laws don’t make for good people. God’s laws in a person makes for a good person. Altering does not make a good dog either. Shots are toxic for us and them needing to be banned. Love works no ill to your neighbour needs to be kept. People need to fear God not man. That will free people. Laws and regulations are backwards to God’s laws. I am not talking about the 10 commandments. People in the USA are taking God’s name inn vain when they replace God’s laws with mans’ oppressive fear giving laws. A good Spirited person with heaven in them will be good to others. That person will have a good dog no matter what size dog they have. People are responsible to have heaven in them. God does not smile on people oppressing people with many laws . Sodomites oppressed people. Read Isaiah 1 KJV. That is not the gay. Let people choose the breed that they want to have in all of the parks. Know that your soul is safe with the Loving non condeming Jesus in it no matter what happens to it on this planet that has sin on it at this point in time. Work out your own salvation to not see God as fire. God will ask you how you are not how another person is. How another person is, is how mans laws are. Mans laws are therefore, useless. Give the water of life to people not fire. Comfort people that are around you .Jesus is the comforter.

1 Like