Unusual setting

Hi, I am seeking advice on a park I am interested in purchasing. I am a first time buyer. There are several concerns. There are animals on the park owned by one of the tenants. This includes dogs, cats, chivkens, horses, cows and even a bull. The park is basically divided into two parts, the main MHP and the pasture but the delineation is not totally clear spevially for dogs and goats. I love the farm style but I am very concerned about the liability. What do you think? Thank you

Could be okay if that tenant leases that land and provided the pastureland has an agricultural exemption to keep taxes down. Ag leases should be separate from the lease the tenant has for the home or rental and outlines the responsibility for utilities, fencing, animal care and stocking rates on the farmland. There are lots of threads on controlling dogs and cats on this forum using park rules, and details on breeds, service dogs, etc.

If there is not an ag component here and no fencing then that tenant simply needs to get rid of those animals or leave the premises in accordance with your state laws. This is more likely what will happen in your situation.

1 Like

Interesting point! Thank you