Trying to get mortgage for 1970 mobile home

Hi,

I’m trying to get a mortgage to buy a home that involves an older 1970 mobile home. It’s on its own .48 acre lot, not in a trailer park. The home is listed as 12x56 but it’s much wider than that because a lot was added on to it. You can’t see the mobile home part at all any more. It’s on a cinder block foundation and has a shingle roof in good condition that an assessor said looks to be about 4 years old. It even has a small basement where the furnace is. My credit score is very good, but no place I’ve talked to will deal with a mobile home older than 1976. Can anyone suggest a place that will, or might, or provide any other suggestion(s)?

Thank you for any help!
David

That is correct, anything pre-1976 will not qualify for a mortgage…and since it has been added on to, you have another issue. The seller will either need a cash buyer or he will need to tote the note.

If the MH is on land you own, please contact me.
Mike Weiss
mweiss1031@gmail.com

I don’t own the land. I’m trying to buy the MH and the land both. It’s on .48 acres, not in a trailer park.

How about we lend you enough to buy the land only and you get the seller to carry on just the home?

Please email me for details.
mweiss1031@gmail.com
Mike Weiss